Four Kicks (and Albums) - Who's Struttin Now?

One thing I quite enjoy is entertaining my ears with new music. These days there are so many ways to obtain new tunes, and sometimes not a dime is dropped. Yes, there’s the whole "don’t steal the music" bla bla. But I’m still an avid cd buyer, so when I come across free stuff, oh well. I feel it’s a Karma balance-of -validation.

Lately I’ve had the chance to overload the "recently added" PlayList on my i.tunes. And have new stuff I look forward to hearing more of, along w/some long-loved artists, (both old and new albums)…its been glorious.

Anyway – what I’m getting at –the new Kings of Leon record is out. I was lucky to snag it prior to release, which in part has me burnt out on it already, by my own fault. And yes, its not the typical sound from them we’ve all know and love. But its still new stuff to hear and maybe, yes maybe, it might just grow on you. Altho they’re gaining mainstream rep and hype….I would guess its what they’re going for, isn’t any band, sort of? Hopefully during this time while they’re "all the fuss" (good OR bad), they’ll start writing songs that pull back to their roots. I suppose we can only wish.

I read a great review where a reader commented that regardless this album would take criticism. Basically it stated how if it sounded like all their older stuff people would gripe of no "maturity" to their sound, but instead now they’re griping its too "pop" and mainstream. Yes, the album is part-corny (I need their off-the-wall lyrics!!) – but also: some people just like to bitch. If anything, the release of this album has given them more recognition, which means they’re sticking around. I’m grateful for that. They’ve been huge in Europe for a while now and as that hype grows in the US, lets just hope they keep it up. Even if they spit out a not-so-par record every now and again…..

My cocky look emerges when U question my moves
Cuz U ain’t got no taste..
U talkin’ bout my baby
I could flip you upside down and I could mop this place...
Kings of Leon / My Party / Because of the Times