I Rock Hard.

On just the second day of 2009 I smashed in some child’s RockBand game. Great way to start off the New Year.

Have you been to a concert where the band destroys the instruments at the end of their show? Or maybe you’ve seen it on tv? Well in a basement recently that happened, sort of. I was basically tagging along to a friend of a friend’s house, so yeah I didn’t even know the kid whose game I broke. I’m no musician, and it was very evident as my lack of rhythm showed thru on the game. After having to restart many times because we couldn’t rock out, I was told; you have to hit the drums pretty hard, and so that’s what I did. Not 2 seconds later the right side of the drum set breaks off and there is RockBand no more.

Lucky for me the owner was pretty cool about it all, brought tools downstairs determined to fix it: quote "better than before". My guess is either he’s a wishful handyman or that his son would flip his lid if he realized some random girl came and broke his game. So we found the right drill bits, mastered together quite a remedy and actually got the drums working again. Well, I should mention I had nothing to do with fixing it, I really think the guy wanted me as far away from them as possible. I however stood by his side, knuckles bleeding from my rock star destruction, worried I ruined the game completely.

By night’s end the game was fixed. But no one turned RockBand back on, I guess I had eliminated all excitement of being a rocker. So everyone left, a little less "Ozzy Osbourne" than we all were before. Driving home, thinking about my rock star moment and how my dreams might have died in that very basement I remembered: I wanna Rock and Roll all night, and Party every day! Everything’s gonna be fine.

SO – For those about to rock – WE SALUTE YOU!

Side Note: New Year’s Eve was quite fun. I think we managed to bring in the New Year with a bang, and we didn’t even have to go to club "Bang" to do it. Happy 2009 everybody – may all your resolutions get fulfilled, but stop overcrowding my gym while you attempt them (kidding.)