FaceBRETT

This past week I finally jumped into the black hole that is FaceBook. All while doing a swan dive into picture tags, friend adds and status updates. It’s been a bittersweet plunge. From thinking I was finally part of the cool-kids to realizing other people were suggesting friends for me (I thought everyone was on the edge of their seat waiting to add me as a friend). Then comes my panic moment during the TAG-AHOLIC’S session where my heart rate probably doubled as I raced my sister to remove tags she was adding at the most rapid-fire pace known to man.

SIDE-NOTE: My SisterLove is a professional FaceBooker, and probably has more friends than if you combined everyone who actually reads my blog. She can multi-task on that website better than YOU, guaranteed.

Now that the initial start-up anxiety is gone, and I finally understand what my "wall" is, I think I can get the hang of this FaceBook thing and utilize it at my own pace. Although I have many a friend and family member that are VIP fans of the website, I think I will tippy-toe through a little more custom fit for Brett.

I bring mixed feelings to the table when it comes to FaceBook in general, I am an ex-MySpacer who binge "MySpaced" until that rehab moment of clarity over a year ago where I just quit cold turkey. Now hopefully I can resist the temptation and not overdo it with FaceBook, and maybe I can find what so many like to call – moderation. Wish me luck!

If you’d like: be my friend, tag me in pictures, write on my wall. I think eventually I’ll understand exactly what all of that means.

Have a looky-see at the following article. Really – YOU should read it! It’s a pretty entertaining (and true) viewpoint of facebook, myspace, and all of those other words we didn’t use 5 years ago.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/183180/page/1