a NATIONAL issue

I live across the river from Ohio, one of the most important states in this oh-so-important election. We’re seeing more political ads on tv than probably anywhere in the country, and the candidates are visiting this area like my uncle Aaron visits Las Vegas (those who know him are smiling EAR TO EAR)

Yesterday there was a rally downtown Cincinnati to promote the ability to vote early in Ohio, they were bussing voters to polls, etc etc. Among many other things, such as talking up a certain someone from Illinois. Altho I am a "Kentuckian" I attended the rally, but solely for the sake of the music in my ears. A band called THE NATIONAL was there, little did I know they are from Cincy. So I hopped on my bike and rolled over the bridge to see what it was about.

Low and behold Natalie Portman was there, and of course her biggest fan (one of my best friends) told me of this. She gave a tid-bit of a speech, basically she announced The National onto the stage. The band came on, played some great songs, and respectfully had little to say about their choice for the election. Which I felt was amazing, many props to them….

They stated that "Yes – we are partial to the candidate we like. But we really just want to emphasize the importance of voting, we don’t have much to say, we just came here with our songs."

So to you, THE NATIONAL: thank you for coming to your hometown and letting us gather to see how different this election year is than any other. Not just to repeat again and again who it is you think we should vote for.

Because it is my decision, and I’ll figure that one out on my own.


Turn the light out say goodnight
No thinking for a little while
Lets not try to figure out everything at once
It’s hard to keep track of you falling through the sky
We’re half-awake in a fake empire