No Boil? No Way.

So, I don't cook. I don't really even go to the grocery. Altho this new roomie of mine has me attempting otherwise. Somehow from somewhere (I think we saw a commercial and it looked delicious) I decided to snag my mom's lasagna recipe and attempt homemade lasagna.

Then I heard about these magical No-Boil Lasagna Noodles that you simply add uncooked and out comes wonderful layers of yummy lasagna. WELL at my house that was NOT the case. Thankfully no one showed up for the dinner party, so the poor guests weren't forced to tell me how good it was out of respect for my Suzie-Homemaker efforts in the kitchen.

Add-in the wine, ceasar salad, and the boyfriend who was extremely nice about eating my overly garlic and very very stiff lasagna, and it turned out an enjoyable, worthwhile event. And yes, our friends eventually showed up as we finished off 4 bottles of wine and hung around the firepit on a wonderful fall night....I think they all knew better than to let me cook for them.

So I might be the only person who has unsuccessfully used the no-boil noodles, since everyone I tell explains their love for the simplicity of them. I however, found a way to mess them up! What it really "boils" down to tho, is that it was a fun night and I'm not worried about lacking the skills in the kitchen. That's what the wine's for right?