U Can't Get Ahead While UR Getting Even

When someone asks: what are your strengths and weaknesses? The answers often mold to the type of atmosphere the question comes from. Interviewers are told the strengths of a person’s communication skills, etc etc. For a while now my answer has always been the same, regardless. I feel my biggest strength is, at times, one of my biggest weaknesses: my versatility. I have been both complimented and criticized for this trait, and do my best to learn from the bad and take from the good.

It might look like my strength-weakness is an oxymoron, or maybe that I’m just simply a moron, eh? But I promise you, it is a big part of who I am. And as much as I’m grateful to balance out my perspective, and attempt to represent a sort of "karma" I sometimes wonder if my perspective would change, given a different well, perspective.

I'm sure none of this makes sense to you. And that’s ok. Potentially that’s what I’m going for with this blog. Take this moment to re-read its title. I feel like it represents a part of what I’m trying to express as I type-vomit all over this keyboard. Basically it pulls me like Stretch-Armstrong (remember that guy?). I "go with the flow" but then wonder if the "flow" really pushes me forward. I can’t grasp it sometimes, but isn’t that the spice of life? No wait, they say "variety" is the spice. Grr, I’m so confused.

As my confusion sets in, and you realize I’m going nowhere with this blog. I think I’ll quit my attempt to figure out life, and balance, and right versus wrong, and strength versus weakness. I think I’ll just keep on truckin’ with hopes that you also see some beauty in that quote of a title that inspired me to blog about nothing. I hope that as we all get sucked into the expectations of the holiday season we realize we don't have to compete to win, (beyond the Bengals and their TIE, come on WHO DEY!!) And we remember to avoid spite or vengeance. Because the base of those qualities contradict versatility and understanding of one another. And without that we won’t have the ability to move forward.