And So This is Christmas...

This past Monday (Dec.8) marked 28th anniversary of the shooting of John Lennon. Looking back, much seems different than 28 years ago. I recently caught a documentary on the time he spent "in bed for peace" with Yoko, and it reminded me – certain things are no different from back then. Here I am a mere 26, wondering what the world woud be like today if he were still in it. Things he said in interviews, and the ideals he wanted to spread are still very needed in the world today. We are in the same positions, just with different elements of the equation. It amazed me as I watched him in bed, people asking questions of why. Why are you doing this? Why is this what you believe? It made me recollect the issues in my life, the things that weigh me down, even tho in 28 years they probably won’t matter. And there’s John Lennon in bed for PEACE, something that still is in play after all this time. And even tho I might not say he’s my favorite "Beatle" or that I’m even a super die hard fan (eh – that’s debatable) credit is due to how amazing he was on his own. The Beatles were such a wonderful package of one another, and yes John was quite a package with Yoko Ono, but still he shook the world as an individual.

"You May Say I’m a Dreamer, But I’m Not the Only One…
I Hope Someday You Will Join Us, & the World Will Live as One"

I don’t know what it was about that show, whether the coincidence of its timing or simply the state of mind I was in while viewing…but I felt a sort of inner comfort afterwards. A sort of – don’t let things factor in, they might not be an issue down the road. Who knows. The holidays are here as well as the end of the calendar year, bringing a time for looking back and forward all at once. A time for coming together with friends, family, loved ones. A time to remember it is YOU who makes a difference in your life, and there’s no better time than now to find your balance.

Happy Christmas Everyone



So this is Christmas
AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is Christmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young