Rated X

Get your mind out the gutter, this isn't what U might expect…

I have xmRadio. I like it. I like music. And I like the indie rock station. What I don’t like, is country music (Apologies to those who do—tho I highly recommend other sorts of musical listening).

There I am, in my happy little land of satellite radio. Listening to the "New" stuff, the "Indie" stuff; the stuff people haven’t heard yet, the stuff that might not claim a large name record label. When all of a sudden some country song comes on with a sad little man singing about the mud on his tires and other sorts of HillBilly MisAdventures. I suddenly was filled with confusion, frustration, anger, sickness. This station didn’t play songs like that, hence the reason I drop money to have this service blast my car and computer speakers constantly (FYI: I can listen online it’s pretty sweet). But for some reason I couldn’t change the station and find another, better, more enjoyable song on the 100+ stations I get. Nope. I just sat and listened. To the whole thing.

Once the last twang belted and the song gloriously ended, I set out on a mission. I was going to find the reason for this random tragedy. My heart pounding, my fingers shaking, I furiously emailed a short and sassy 2-liner claiming my disgust. AH– I did it. I have now redeemed all music savvy fans with my bad ass "I showed You" comment. And then, I got a response. Within minutes. Totally making me stick my foot in my mouth for whatever I was trying to accomplish in my poo-on-you email. They say it was during a radio show where a band gets to come in and choose any & every random song they’d like. And, although they don’t normally play that sort of music, they appreciate all genres and listeners have really taken a liking to that show. So then I, the snoot who was on my pedestal of music knowledge was forced to take my pride off the shelf and reply with a less opinionated response. Attempting to validate myself I claimed I dug their station and for them to keep it up. Meanwhile I heard them on the radio commenting how listeners might not have enjoyed the country song just played, but to stick around for more music chosen by said band (I can’t remember the band right now) Sooo, I had indirectly been quoted on xmradio.

HA, my silly little opinion had been aired nationwide to listeners who (hopefully) like me, were mixed up by the yee-haw tune previously played. None-the-less who am I to knock the cowboy hats and pickup trucks really?? I seem to call a "country" state my home, while I "rock" my unbridled spirit throughout the bluegrass state. Oh well, funny story, I got a kick out of it, thought you might too...